Puducherry: 30K people booked for riding motorcycles without helmets
Around 30,000 people have been booked for riding motorcycles without wearing helmets in the Union Territory of Puducherry since February 11, a senior police officer said. The officer said traffic policemen have been noting down registration numbers of motorcycles when they come across the riders without helmets.
Court summons will be issued to the violators. First-time offender will be levied a penalty of Rs 100 and in case of repetition of the offence an enhanced penalty of Rs 300 will be levied. For violations of the rule thereafter, riders' driving licence would be cancelled, the officer said.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- 10 people reported missing after avalanche hits Jammu-Srinagar highway
- Reuters People News Summary
- Agency works to ensure million displaced people can return home: UNMAS chief in Iraq
- PM Modi asks people to share pictures of their visits to northeast on Instagram
- SC refuses to entertain sacked IPS officer Bhat's plea seeking family's security