Fire broke out in electrical box outside ESIC hospital today
No casualties or injuries were reported in today's incident as the hospital has been evacuated since Monday evening, said an official of the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation's Disaster Control, adding further details are awaited.
Around 25 are still critical in various suburban hospitals.
The Maharashtra government has ordered a probe while the Centre has announced a compensation of Rs 10 lakhs to the families of the deceased.
The National Human Rights Commission has demanded a report from the Union Ministry of Labour, under whose jurisdiction the hospital falls, and Maharashtra government and other concerned departments on the incident.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Boat carrying Kumbh pilgrims capsize, no injuries
- Ashwin deals with injuries: It has not missed even Bradman or Tendulkar
- US-led jets attack Syrian army, causing damage and injuries: State media
- Over one lakh incidents of seven major crimes reported in
- More than 1000 Swine Flu cases reported in Delhi this season