Pawan Kalyan's Jana Sena will not contest Telangana assembly elections
The issue was discussed with all leaders of the party, and it has been decided to prepare for the Lok Sabha polls from now itself, Kalyan said.
"Had the assembly elections been held as per schedule (in April 2019), the Jana Sena would have surely jumped into the fray. Since the assembly polls have been advanced, we are not geared up for the contest.
"It's really difficult for a fledgling party like ours," Kalyan said.
Filing of nominations for the Telangana Assembly election ended Monday.
The YSRC, however, said it would gear up for the 2024 assembly elections in Telangana.
(With inputs from agencies.)
Download The Devdiscourse News App for Latest News.
- READ MORE ON:
- State Assembly elections in India
- Mizoram Legislative Assembly
- Opinion poll
- Andhra Pradesh
- Government of Andhra Pradesh
- Elections in Andhra Pradesh
- Telangana Legislative Assembly
- Rajasthan Legislative Assembly
- Madhya Pradesh Legislative Assembly
- assembly elections
- general elections
- complete focus
- politician Pawan Kalyan
- Telangana Assembly election
- Telangana polls
- assembly polls
- Lok Sabha polls
- Jana Sena Party of actor
- National News