Pawan Kalyan's Jana Sena will not contest Telangana assembly elections
The issue was discussed with all leaders of the party, and it has been decided to prepare for the Lok Sabha polls from now itself, Kalyan said.
"Had the assembly elections been held as per schedule (in April 2019), the Jana Sena would have surely jumped into the fray. Since the assembly polls have been advanced, we are not geared up for the contest.
"It's really difficult for a fledgling party like ours," Kalyan said.
Filing of nominations for the Telangana Assembly election ended Monday.
The YSRC, however, said it would gear up for the 2024 assembly elections in Telangana.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Until announcement of Lok Sabha polls anything can happen: Nitish Kumar
- Jagan Reddy wants EC to conduct Andhra Pradesh and Telangana polls on same day
- United opposition planning ambitious economic policy to win Lok Sabha polls
- SKM chief claims party will sweep Sikkim assembly polls
- Opposition to form 'People's Front' in Telangana to take on BJP in Lok Sabha polls