PM is still asleep. We will wake him up: Rahul on farm loans waiver
After the BJP governments in Assam and Gujarat announced waiver of farm loans and rural electricity bills, respectively, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Wednesday said it was now time for "sleeping" Prime Minister Narendra Modi to wake up.
Gandhi claimed both states made the move under pressure from the Congress, which immediately after forming governments in Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh waived farm loans delivering on its pre-poll promise.
While the BJP-led government in Gujarat on Tuesday announced it will waive electricity bills in rural areas, in Assam on Monday it approved a Rs 600 crore farm loan waiver.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Canada Prime Minister Trudeau announces USD 40 million aid to Venezuela
- UK prime minister vows no return to hard border with Ireland
- Prime minister to meet delegation over resumption of mining in Goa
- Karnataka waives Rs 1,611 crore farm loans
- Prime Minister Modi saddened by passing away of Ladu Kishore Swain