Rahul demands probe against PM for corruption on Rafale jet deal
Congress president Rahul Gandhi on Friday demanded that Prime Minister Narendra Modi be investigated for corruption and for weakening national security by giving the Rafale contract to "his friend". Gandhi cited a media report on Swedish Telecom major Ericsson filing a contempt plea in the Supreme Court against Reliance Communications chief Anil Ambani and demanding that he detained.
"In addition to corruption, the PM should be investigated for weakening national security by giving the Rafale contract to his friend and international debt master, Anil Ambani," Gandhi said in a tweet and tagged the media report. In its second contempt petition in the Supreme Court against Anil Ambani, telecom equipment maker Ericsson sought his detention in civil prison and said he be barred from travel overseas unless he ensures payment of Rs 550 crore owed to it. The company is locked in a battle with Ambani's communication firm over pending dues.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Delhi HC seeks ED's response on Deepak Talwar's plea challenging his detention
- ED's response sought on lobbyist Deepak Talwar's plea challenging detention
- FEATURE-'Space to coexist': Inside South Africa's LGBT-friendly mosque
- HC asks ED's response on Deepak Talwar's plea challenging detention
- Liam Neeson says he once wanted to kill a black guy with cosh after friend's rape