Congress stages walkout from Goa Assembly
The petitions demanded the sacking of the Manohar Parrikar-led Bharatiya Janata Party coalition government in view of the Chief Minister's ill-health. "We are walking out in protest," Kavlekar said, even as Sinha started delivering her formal address.
Later addressing a press conference, the Leader of Opposition also said that Sinha had been partisan in her role as Governor. "At the outset, as the single largest party, we should have been given an opportunity to form the government and prove majority. After that, when the administration had come to a standstill, we met her on six occasions and sought dismissal of the government because it was good for nothing (in view of Parrikar's prolonged illness)," Kavlekar said.
- Arjun Kanungo praises his upcoming track 'House party'
- Jammu to host 23 different police forces for police band competition
- South African party EFF promises to nationalise mines in election manifesto
- BJP to invite 10 crore suggestions for party manifesto in Lok Sabha polls
- Rahul Gandhi's party creating hurdles in construction of Ram Temple: Amit Shah