K'taka: Complaint filed against Yeddyurappa, others over audio clip
Sharanagouda, son of JD(S) MLA from Gurmitkal Naganagouda Kandkur, on Wednesday filed a police complaint against BJP leaders BS Yeddyurappa, Preetham Gowda and Shivanna Gowda and former journalist Marakal over an alleged audiotape released by Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy.
The controversial audio clip allegedly contains a conversation between BJP state president Yeddyurappa and Sharanagouda. Kumaraswamy alleged that Yeddyurappa was purportedly trying to lure a JD(S) MLA.
The complaint was filed at Devadurga police station under Section 506 of IPC (Punishment for criminal intimidation).
Yeddyurappa said: “We demand a house committee to probe into the matter. We will not get any justice through SIT investigation as it will be under the Chief Minister. I am going to discuss in detail with the Speaker.”
Chief Minister Kumaraswamy, on the direction of the Speaker, had constituted a SIT to probe into the audio clip incident. He ordered that the probe in the matter should be finished within 15 days. (ANI)
- Karnataka bracing up for 10-day stormy budget session from Feb 6
- Karnataka humbles Andhra Pradesh in football tourney
- NTPC won't regulate power supply to Telangana, AP, Karnataka over payment issues
- Amid MLA poaching row Karnataka govt braces for stormy session from 6th Feb
- NTPC to curtail power supply to Telangana, Karnataka, Andhra from midnight for payment default