Stalin criticizes BJP govt for alleged control over governors
DMK President M.K. Stalin on Thursday said the Modi government was converting Governors as BJP General Secretaries and extended his support to Puducherry Chief Minister V. Narayanasamy who is protesting outside Lt Governor Kiran Bedi's residence. In a tweet, Stalin said: "Lt Governor being the reason for the abnormal political situation in Puducherry is unconstitutional. This is an example of the BJP government converting Governors as their party General Secretaries. Once again, the question about the need for the Governor post arises."
The protest by Narayanasamy and his five ministers outside Bedi's official residence entered a second day on Thursday. Narayanasamy began his protest on Wednesday, wearing a black shirt and black dhoti. He was protesting against Bedi for not permitting implementation of his government's welfare schemes. He was joined by his ministerial colleagues and DMK MLAs. Narayanasamy accused Bedi, a former police officer, of interfering in the day-to-day activities of the Puducherry government.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Narendra Modi to flag off indigenously built Vande Bharat Express on Feb 15
- PM Modi to flag off India's first engineless train Vande Bharat Express on Feb 15
- National Highways to be laid foundation stone in Jalpaiguri by PM Modi on Feb 8
- No proposal on table seeking modifications to Feb 12, 2018 circular on NPA recognition: RBI
- India-Bangladesh ties on upward trajectory in last few years: PM Modi