Left Menu
Development News Edition

Will meet Goyal to get onion export ban revoked: Sharad Pawar


Will meet Goyal to get onion export ban revoked: Sharad Pawar
File photo Image Credit: ANI

NCP chief Sharad Pawar on Friday said he would meet Union Commerce Minister Piyush Goyal to get the ban on onion exports revoked. Pawar also said loan waiver announced by the Uddhav Thackeray government in the state would benefit "85 percent of farmers" as their loans are less than Rs 2 lakh.

"I will meet Union Commerce Minister Piyush Goyal in a couple of days with the demand to remove onion export ban. Restrictions on onion storage should also be relaxed," he told reporters.

"Farmers in the state are affected due to unseasonal rain and the Centre should provide help. Around 85 percent of farmers have less than Rs 2 lakh loan and the waiver given by the Maha Vikas Aghadi government has given them relief. The remaining 15 percent of farmers will be given a thought in the next budget," he said. He said discussions are underway to provide relief to sugarcane growers and also look into problems faced by sugar factories.

On being asked if people who left the NCP would be taken back, he said the decision would be made after local leaders are taken into confidence.

(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

Download The Devdiscourse News App for Latest News.


TRENDING

OPINION/BLOG/INTERVIEW

Conspiracy theories on COVID 19: Legislators, Scientists, and Journalists all joined the Caravan

Conspiracy theories are not new for virus epidemics. There have been conspiracy theories on HIV-AIDS, Polio Vaccines, Ebola Virus, and several other diseases as well. However, what makes the 2019 Novel Coronavirus different from others is ...

Top 10 Fake News, Myths and Realities on 2019 Novel Coronavirus COVID 19

With nearly 1500 deaths by January 14 and around 65,000 infections in China, the Novel Coronavirus 2019 has become one of the worst health epidemics of the 21st Century. However, 8,573 people have been cured but the rumor mongers are a...

Handling fake news Infodemic in time of Coronavirus epidemic

Social media has provided a platform where everybody can disseminate his her views without any supervision. Its excellent if the message is genuine but misinformation is equally disastrous. Health is such a topic where every Tom and Harry c...

Sentiment Analysis on Budget 2020: Long shot for solution to economic worries?

Industries and individuals alike had high expectations from the government to take tangible steps but the budget 2020 seems to have failed expectations....

Videos

Latest News

DeBrincat's 2 goals lift Blackhawks over Predators

Alex DeBrincat scored two goals, including the game winner with 57.8 seconds remaining in overtime, to lift the Chicago Blackhawks to a 2-1 win over the visiting Nashville Predators on Friday night. DeBrincat sealed the victory with a break...

Around 3,000 tonnes gold deposits found in UP's Sonbhadra

The Geological Survey of India GSI has discovered gold deposits estimated to be around 3,000 tonnes and worth Rs 12 lakh crore in Sonbhadra district of Uttar Pradesh, almost five times Indias current reserve of the yellow metal. The gold de...

Canadian PM Trudeau says rail blockades have to end

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said Friday indigenous barricades that are blocking rail service across Canada and hurting the economy have to come down now. Trudeau said that court injunctions must be obeyed and that the situation is unaccep...

China badminton players cleared for Europe despite virus

Hong Kong, Feb 22 AFP Chinas badminton players have been cleared of the coronavirus and will play three tournaments in Europe during a critical stage of Tokyo Olympic qualifying, officials said on Saturday. The Chinese Badminton Association...

Give Feedback