Ladakh region continues to reel under first cold wave of season: Met
Kargil town in Ladakh was the coldest in Jammu and Kashmir at minus 8.6 followed by Leh at minus 6.5 degrees Celsius.
"The cold wave conditions are likely to continue for another three days. We are expecting another spell of moderate rain and snow from November 12 to 14," a Met official said.
Night's lowest temperature was 11.5 in Jammu city, 1.2 in Katra, 3.2 in Bannihal, 7.1 in Batote and 3.8 in Bhaderwah, he added.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- JK admin creates separate division for Ladakh
- Mehbooba welcomes creation of Ladakh division, but raises concern over exclusion of Chenab Valley, Pir Panjal regions
- Omar welcomes new division for Ladakh vows for two more if voted to power
- Ladakh now separate division in JK along with Jammu, Kashmir; HQ at Leh
- Kargil politicians step up demand of divisional status for Ladakh