Soccer-Bullet point previews of Premier League matches
Southampton v Manchester City (1730) * City have won 20 of their 35 league games against Southampton (L7 D8) * The teams played out a goalless draw at the Etihad Stadium when they met earlier this season. * City have not lost a league win since October, while Southampton suffered a defeat in their last game.
Match-by-match facts and statistics ahead of the 23rd round of Premier League fixtures from Jan. 21-23 (all times in GMT). Friday, Jan. 21
* Norwich ended a dismal run of six defeats with a win over Everton last time out. * Watford's last league win was against Manchester United in November. They have since lost six times and drawn once.
* Duncan Ferguson will take charge of his first match in his second spell as Everton caretaker boss, following the sacking of Rafa Benitez. * Villa have not lost to Everton in their last five Premier League meetings (W3 D2).
* Steven Gerrard's Villa snapped a run of two defeats with a 2-2 draw with Manchester United last time out and sit 13th in the table, two places above 16th-placed Everton. Brentford v Wolverhampton Wanderers (1500)
* Brentford won the only previous Premier League meeting between the two sides, a 2-0 victory in September. * Norwich City (10) and Burnley (16), both in the relegation zone, are the only teams to have scored fewer league goals this season than Wolves (17).
* Both Leeds and Newcastle have lost three of their last five Premier League games. * Newcastle have won only one of their last five meetings with Leeds in all competitions, last winning 2-0 in the second-tier Championship in November 2016 (L2 D2).
* City have won 20 of their 35 league games against Southampton (L7 D8) * The teams played out a goalless draw at the Etihad Stadium when they met earlier this season.
* City have not lost a league win since October, while Southampton suffered a defeat in their last game. Sunday, Jan. 23
* Liverpool enjoyed a 3-0 win at Anfield when they faced Palace earlier this season. * Palace have not scored in their last four league games against Liverpool, while conceding total 16 goals in those matches.
* Leicester have won six times against Brighton in the league, three times each at home and away. * Leicester defeated Brighton 3-0 when they last played Brighton at King Power Stadium in December 2020.
* Chelsea won 3-0 when the teams last met at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium earlier this season. * Chelsea were held to a goalless draw by Tottenham in their last league game at Stamford Bridge in November 2020. (Compiled by Shrivathsa Sridhar, Hritika Sharma and Manasi Pathak in Bengaluru Editing by Christian Radnedge)
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)