Atletico Madrid holds training session to step up preparations for upcoming match
Atletico Madrid held a training session on Wednesday in preparation for the upcoming home La Liga game against Espanyol. Argentine head coach Diego Simeone led the practice with the available first team players, including Ghana midfielder Thomas Partey and Slovenia goalkeeper Jan Oblak, among others, reports Efe news.
Meanwhile, Brazil defender Filipe Luis, who suffered a slight hamstring injury to his right thigh during the 3-2 win over Valladolid on December 15, took part in the session.
The practice took place after the squad had received cars from the Spanish club's official sponsor, South Korean brand Hyundai, during an event that saw a group of fans handing over the keys to first team players and to Simeone.
Atletico is to host Espanyol on Saturday at Wanda Metropolitan Stadium in Madrid.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Fowler banishes demons to capture first Phoenix Open
- Fisheries Minister releases document on changes in commercial fishing practices
- Christianity met Islam as Pope Francis becomes first to visit Arabian Peninsula
- PM Kisan scheme sets Aadhaar optional to get first Rs 2,000 installment: Official
- Calls to stop menstruation practices in Nepal as fourth victim died in suffocating hut