Bhabhor kicks off first Eklavya Model Residential Schools Sports Meet
Union Minister of State for Tribal Welfare J S Bhabhor inaugurated the first Eklavya Model Residential Schools Sports Meet 2019, a national event, here Monday. The sports meet is conducted by the Union Ministry of Tribal Affairs in collaboration with the Telangana Tribal Welfare Residential Educational Institutions Society (TTWREIS), an official press release said here. The release quoted the Minister as saying on the occasion that the Centre is planning to establish more than 400 Eklavya model schools by 2022.
The government of India is planning to establish more than 400 such model schools by 2022, the release said. Also, the government is taking measures to develop Eklavya Model Residential Schools on par with the Navodaya Vidyalayas with focus on overall development of tribal students, it said. Participants from across the country are taking part in various events at the sports meet, the release said There would be 13 events, including athletics in which there would be 13 different competitions such as various runs, jumps and walks, it added.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Centre plans additional borrowing of Rs 36,000 in ongoing fiscal
- Centre planning to review situation of farmers with pan-India survey
- SC lashes out at Centre for obstructing NRC proceedings
- Centre expects GDP growth to surge to 7.5 pct in 2019-20
- Impact of Mamata-Centre row over CBI probe against Kolkata police chief on politics