Santosh Trophy: Maharashtra edge past Rajasthan 1-0
Maharashtra scored their third successive win Tuesday when they overcame Rajasthan 1-0 in the concluding Group-B league match of the West Zone leg of the AIFF National Football Championship for the Santosh Trophy 2018-19 at Solapur. Having convincingly defeated Gujarat and Dadra & Nagar Haveli in the previous rounds, the hosts struggled to break down the packed Rajasthan defence and were also denied on a couple of times by framework, a media release said.
Maharashtra finally broke the deadlock when Dhruwesh Nijap scored the decisive winner midway through the second session to help his team snatch the win. Earlier, Gujarat proved too strong for Dadra & Nagar Haveli as they charged to a thumping 10-0 win.
Goa and Maharashtra have qualified for the final round of the AIFF National Football Championship for the Santosh Trophy 2018-19 to be held later this year, the release stated. Results: Maharashtra 1 (Dhruwesh Nijap) beat Rajasthan 0.
- Award winners of cloud literacy month 2018 recognised by ICT Academy
- Australian couple choose Kashmir's oldest church for remarkable wedding
- FEATURE-NFL-When it comes to the Patriots not everyone loves a winner
- Chit fund scam: CBI team reaches Kolkata Police chief's residence, stopped outside
- Burns' OT winner lifts Sharks over Coyotes