Soccer-Klopp charged by FA over referee comments in West Ham draw
The FA said Klopp had been charged as the comments "questioned the integrity of the referee and/or implied bias". West Ham equalised through Michail Antonio's goal before the interval but Klopp said Friend "did not want to open the gap any more" in the second half.
"As a human being, if I know I have made a big mistake in the first half, I don't want to open the gap any more," Klopp said after the match at the London Stadium. "Referees are obviously human beings, and I understand that, but I didn't during the game because I had no clue that our goal was offside."
Klopp has until 1800 GMT on Monday to respond to the charge. (Reporting by Hardik Vyas in Bengaluru Editing by Toby Davis)
- Record-setting Pirates P Friend dies at 88
- Delhi: Man sets himself ablaze after tiff with girlfriend
- Pakistan plans to form govt agency to promote it as tourist-friendly nation
- FEATURE-'Space to coexist': Inside South Africa's LGBT-friendly mosque
- Jennifer Lawrence engaged to her boyfriend Cooke Maroney