You can now create highly customized themes in new Google Sites
At present, it offers you six pre-made themes with limited customization options, but with the addition of custom themes, you have greater control over things like Fonts and text style, colors, brand images, style of components such as buttons, and more.
The new Google Sites now allows you to design and share highly customized themes that align with your organization's brand guidelines or your own specific style.
At present, Google Sites offers you six pre-made themes with limited customization options, but with the addition of custom themes, you have greater control over things like Fonts and text style, colors, brand images, style of components such as buttons, and more.
More specifically, you can:
- Create styles with different backgrounds and text colors and apply them to different parts of your site.
- Set defaults for each text style.
- Add brand images or favicons.
- Change the color of your menu text and background.
- Customize other sites properties like buttons, dividers, links, and image carouse.
- Control navigation settings.
The ability to create custom themes in new Google Sites is rolling out to Rapid Release Domains while the rollout for Scheduled Release Domains will commence on October 6, 2021. The feature will be available to all Google Workspace customers, as well as G Suite Basic and Business customers Available to users with personal Google Accounts.
"We hope that custom themes and custom templates allow you to create and share sites that best match your brand guidelines or a specific style," Google wrote in a post on the Workspace Updates blog on Thursday.
How to create a custom theme in new Google Sites?
To create a custom theme, follow these steps:
- On a computer, open a site in new Google Sites.
- At the right, click Theme.
- Under "Custom," select Create theme (+).
- Enter a name for your theme and select Next (You can optionally add a logo and banner image).
- Select a color palette and select Next.
- Choose your fonts and select Create theme.
- You can continue to make changes to your new custom theme in the panel on the right.
Gif Credit: Google