(Warning: Do not install) OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro get January 2023 security patch and bug fixes
OnePlus has released a new software update, labelled OxygenOS 13 F.19, to the OnePlus 9 and the OnePlus 9 Pro units in India. While the incremental rollout of this build started a few days back, the changelog for the same was published today on the OnePlus Community forums.
In addition to bringing the January 2023 Android security patch, this update comes with system improvements and also fixes a couple of issues including the one where UI elements on the Home screen might appear in Quick Glance.
Below is the complete changelog for the OnePlus 9/9 Pro OxygenOS 13 F.19 update:
- Integrates the January 2023 Android security patch to enhance system security.
- Improves system stability.
- Fixes an issue where a system clone might fail to be created.
- Fixes an issue where UI elements on the Home screen might appear in Quick Glance.
- Fixes an issue where the screen brightness cannot be adjusted manually after Auto brightness is turned off in certain scenarios.
- Improves the stability of mobile network connections.
Announcing this update, OnePlus noted: "During the initial rollout to a small subset of users, we noticed a few of them faced an issue where the update would not boot. To avoid having more users affected, we immediately stopped the rollout and started investigating the issue.If you're one of the few affected users, please reach out to the nearest Service Center. The Staff will be able to revert your device to its previous state without data loss. If you still see the update as available, please do not install it to avoid possibly being affected. We are already working on a new build that will roll out to all users as soon as possible."
You can check for the update manually by navigating to the phone's Settings > System > System updates.
- READ MORE ON:
- OnePlus 9
- OnePlus 9 Pro
- OnePlus 9/9 Pro OxygenOS 13 F.19