Google enriches app for SMBs with new features
The "Google My Business" app is a simple and free tool for SMBs to start their digital journey through listings on Google and keep their business presence up-to-date on Google Search and Google Maps, the company said.
New features such as the new post button, a customer tab and the bottom navigation bar, allow businesses to follow and message customers directly from the app, enhancing engagement between both the parties.
"The new Google My Business app deepens our commitment to help businesses grow online. The new app will encourage businesses to manage their presence on Google in real time, make their profiles more appealing and interact with customers," Shalini Girish, Director, Marketing Solutions, Google India, said in a statement.
"For instance, if you're a restaurant owner and have a packed house on a Friday night, the app allows you to create a post with a picture of the restaurant to engage with prospective customers on Maps and Search," Girish said.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- JDS-Congress MLAs asked to ensure presence during budget session amid tussle
- Cricket-Australia to manage return of Smith and Warner
- Iraq doesn't want US military presence as Trump seeks to keep vigilance on Iran
- US to look potential changes in military presence in Afghanistan
- Taliban reiterates demand to end foreign military presence in Afghanistan