Curling-Canadian Fry to return to action after drunken escapade
Fry was serving as a spare with another rink when he and three team mates were thrown out of a World Curling Tour event in Alberta in November for what organisers called unsportsmanlike behaviour resulting from excessive drinking.
"How we handle adversity can show how strong we can really be," Fry said on Twitter. "2018 threw a few punches...glancing blows. I felt the love and am turning the hatred into fuel."
The 40-year-old has apologised for his actions and said he was committed to taking steps to ensure a similar incident never happens again. (Reporting by Frank Pingue in Toronto, editing by Ed Osmond)
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
- UPDATE 1-Cricket-Fiery Starc returns to form with five-wicket haul
- Jaitley hints he may not return to India in time to reply to Budget debate
- UPDATE 2-Cricket-Khawaja, Starc return to form as Australia tighten noose
- Nimrat Kaur returning to final season of TV series "Homeland"
- UPDATE 3-Cricket-Khawaja, Starc return to form as Australia tighten noose