Oil Marketing Companies to set 2500 pumps in WB
State-owned Oil Marketing Companies (OMCs) in West Bengal will set up around 2,500 additional petrol pumps over the next three to four years, an official said on Sunday. The process to seek application for the new pumps in the state by Indian Oil Corporation, Hindustan Petroleum and Bharat Petroleum kicked off on Sunday.
This is the first major retail expansion of petrol pumps after 2014. At present, there are about 2,235 pumps in West Bengal. In the last four years, demand for petrol and diesel in the state increased 45.9 per cent and 31.1 per cent, respectively, Roy said. A joint venture between IOC and the Adani Group will set up 80 CNG stations in the next seven years in Burdwan East and Burdwan West districts, the official said.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Quebec mosque shooter gets life, no parole for 40 years
- Assam to become oil and gas hub of country with projects worth Rs 14,000 crore completed in last four years: PM.
- Jaclyn Smith, Cheryl Ladd reunite 38 years
- Sanjiv Lal appointed as MD and CEO of Rallis India for 5 years
- Congress didn't allow modernisation of defence forces for years: Modi