Centre to seek interim dividend from RBI
Last fiscal, the RBI paid an interim dividend of Rs 10,000 crore to the Centre. RBI follows the July-June calender.
Asked if the government will seek interim dividend from RBI this year, he said, "Yes." The secretary also said the committee which will examine the economic capital framework of the Reserve Bank has almost been finalised.
"Panel on economic capital framework has virtually been agreed. Hopefully, soon it will be announced," he said at the sidelines of an event organised by PHD Chamber here.
On November 19, the central board of the RBI had decided to constitute an external committee to examine its economic capital framework. The composition and terms of reference of the committee were to be decided jointly by the government and the RBI.
Garg too had earlier tweeted that there is no proposal to ask the RBI to transfer excess reserves and the only issue under discussion "is to fix appropriate economic capital framework of RBI".
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Acting AG Whitaker to testify before House panel on Friday after subpoena threat
- UPDATE 6-Acting U.S. attorney general will testify before House panel
- Karnataka CM H D Kumaraswamy releases audio clip and claims BJP leader B S Yeddyurappa is luring MLAs to topple his government.
- SC dismisses plea of ex-Bihar deputy CM Tejashwi Yadav, challenging decision asking him to vacate government accommodation.
- Tamil Nadu government presents budget for the year 2019-2020 with no new taxes.