NAC Jewellers MD elected as Chairman of gems and jewellery body
The Managing Director of city-based NAC Jewellers, Anantha Padmanabhan, has been elected as the Chairman of the All India Gem and Jewellery Domestic Council, the national apex body of the gems and jewellery industry for a two year period. Kolkata-based Senco Group Chairman Shaankar Sen was elected as the Vice-Chairman, a press release said Friday. "I am grateful to the Board and it is an honour to accept the responsibility of steering the national domestic council. We shall work closely with the Government and take up various issues facing the industry", Padmanabhan said.
On his selection as Vice-Chairman, Shaankar Sen said, "it is my proud privilege to work for the growth of this pivotal trade organisation and contribute my vision for the development of its member jewellers". "There is a need for the industry to become more organised and compliant. GJC will continue to create better and newer platforms for the industry", he said. The All India Gem and Jewellery Domestic Council represents over six lakh members, comprising manufacturers, wholesalers, retailers and distributors, among others.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- WRAPUP 1-U.S. job growth likely slowed; minimal hit seen from govt shutdown
- High growth and formalisation of economy has led to rise
- India brightest spot in the word; GDP growth fastest in last 5 yrs: FM
- GLOBAL ECONOMY-Factory activity shrinks across Asia as cooling China threatens global growth
- High growth,formalisation of economy has resulted in