Left Menu
Development News Edition

L&T MBDA Missile Systems sets up missile integration facility in Tamil Nadu

PTI | New Delhi | Updated: 03-02-2020 12:23 IST | Created: 03-02-2020 12:15 IST
L&T MBDA Missile Systems sets up missile integration facility in Tamil Nadu
Image Credit: Wikimedia

Engineering and construction major Larsen & Toubro on Monday said its joint venture with European defence major MBDA Missile Systems -- L&T MBDA Missile Systems (LTMMSL), has set up a missile integration facility in Tamil Nadu. "LTMMSL has set up the assembly, 'inert' integration (without explosives) and testing facility for missile sub-systems and missile weapon launch systems spread across an area of 16,000 sq meter in a special economic zone at Coimbatore," Larsen & Toubro (L&T) said in a regulatory filing.

'Inert' refers to systems integration process without explosive component of the missile systems being handled at the facility. Founded in 2017, LTMMSL has received a few export orders and the new facility shall start delivering weapon systems using test equipment such as missile launchers and airframe segments, including control actuation units, from calendar year 2020, the filing added.

L&T owns 51 per cent stake in the JV, while the rest 49 per cent is owned by the European partner. "L&T MBDA Missile Systems has been working proactively to offer advanced missiles and missile systems to the Indian Armed Forces through domestic production. The creation of this new integration facility at Coimbatore is a first step in this direction. We are showcasing some of these next-gen offerings at the DEFEXP020 to be held at Lucknow," said J D Patil, Chairman L&T MBDA Missile Systems.

Pasquale Di Bartolomeo, Vice Chairman and Member of the Board L&T MBDA Missile Systems, said: "With the technical and human capabilities offered by this site, India will be ideally placed to offer its armed forces and the export market the very latest generation of defence equipment technology." PTI SID DRR

(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

Download The Devdiscourse News App for Latest News.


TRENDING

OPINION / BLOG / INTERVIEW

Energy markets post-COVID 19: Recovery may take time, transition to continue

As oil markets have crashed, the experts believe the oil prices will come down drastically and continue making the energy transition a financial burden for many economies for a couple of years.  However, the market alone was never...

'Diya jalao' for COVID 19: Modi needs to practice his teachings and control fake news on social media

In his video message to the nation on Friday the Prime Minister talks about peoples collective power to win the invincible. However, he has made no concreate efforts to win over the confidence and represent the collective power of the polit...

Tourism post-COVID 19: Lessons learned, out-of-box strategies to ensure the revival

In the pre-COVID 19 period the tourism industry was seen with much hope throughout the world. However, the COVID 19 pandemic has completely paralysed the tourism industry and its dependent sectors. The tourism industry in the post-COVID 19 ...

Cybersecurity post-COVID 19: More internet means more threats, stay alert folks!

When supported by adequate digital awareness campaigns and more crackdowns on cybercrimes, increased internet usage will help more people embrace technology and better understand the risks, bringing us closer to unleashing the true potentia...

Videos

Latest News

Texas 'fully prepared' for COVID-19 hospital needs -governor

Texas is fully prepared to meet hospital capacity needs for the coronavirus pandemic and should be able to provide sufficient numbers of ventilators as needs arise, Governor Greg Abbott said on Friday.With nearly 20,000 hospital beds availa...

Cuomo orders shift in ventilators to overwhelmed hospitals

New York Governor Andrew Cuomo said he would order the redistribution of critically needed ventilators. New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio called for a national enlistment program for doctors and nurses. And the coronavirus outbreak picke...

Trump administration changes national stockpile definition

The Trump administration abruptly changed its description of the Strategic National Stockpile, the federal governments repository of life-saving medicines and supplies, to conform with President Donald Trumps insistence that it is only a sh...

Morgan Stanley plans to hold annual meeting in person

Wall Street bank Morgan Stanley plans to hold its annual shareholder meeting in person, the lender said on Friday, even as many other companies have moved their meetings online to help contain the spread of the novel coronavirus.We are acti...

Give Feedback