Left Menu
Development News Edition

West Bengal Board of Secondary Education receives 9K applicants from Assam residents

Devdiscourse News Desk | Kolkata | Updated: 31-10-2018 13:15 IST | Created: 31-10-2018 12:51 IST
West Bengal Board of Secondary Education receives 9K applicants from Assam residents
The state Education Department had forwarded the applications for the duplicate admit cards to the WBBSE since July 2018. (Twitter)

The West Bengal Board of Secondary Education has received around 9,000 applications from residents of Assam for issuing duplicate admit cards of the secondary examination conducted before 1973, WBBSE president Kalyanmoy Ganguly said Wednesday. The admit card of the secondary examination is an important document as the date of birth of an examinee is mentioned in it.

The state Education Department had forwarded the applications for the duplicate admit cards to the WBBSE since July 2018, he said. "So far, we have issued and despatched admit cards to 6,000 applicants, who actually hailed from Tripura and later migrated to Assam. They had passed the Madhyamik Pariksha (secondary examination) under the WBBSE before 1973.

"We are in the process of screening the rest of the applications on a war footing," Ganguly told PTI. To a question, he said he did not wish to comment whether the developments were linked with the alleged exclusion of the names of lakhs of Bengalis from the complete draft of the National Register of Citizens (NRC) in Assam. Ganguly said that those who have applied for the duplicate admit cards may have lost the original document. The publication of the complete draft of the NRC in Assam had triggered a controversy after over 40 lakh names were excluded from it.


TRENDING

OPINION / BLOG / INTERVIEW

Post-COVID-19 Nigeria needs a robust Health Management Information System to handle high disease burden

Nigeria is among a few countries that conceptualised a health management information system HMIS in the early 90s but implementation has been a challenge till date. Besides COVID-19, the country has a huge burden of communicable and non-com...

Morocco COVID-19 response: A fragile health system and the deteriorating situation

Learning from its European neighbors, Morocco imposed drastic measures from the initial stages of the COVID-19 outbreak to try to contain its spread. The strategy worked for a few months but the cases have surged after mid-June. In this sit...

COVID-19: Argentina’s health system inefficiencies exaggerate flaws of health information system

You can recover from a drop in the GDP, but you cant recover from death, was the straightforward mindset of Argentinas President Alberto Fernndez and defined the countrys response to COVID-19. The South American nation imposed a strict...

Rwanda’s COVID-19 response commendable but health information system needs improvement

Rwanda is consistently working to improve its health information system from many years. However, it is primarily dependent on the collection and reporting of health data on a monthly basis. Besides, evaluation studies on Rwandas HIS publis...

Videos

Latest News

Powerful Vatican Cardinal Becciu resigns amid scandal

The powerful head of the Vaticans saint-making office, Cardinal Angelo Becciu, resigned on Thursday from the post and renounced his rights as a cardinal amid a financial scandal that has reportedly implicated him indirectly. The Vatican pro...

National Medical Commission to come into force from Sep 25; BoG MCI to be dissolved

The National Medical Commission NMC, in place of the Medical Council of India MCI, for development and regulation of all aspects of medical education and profession, has been constituted and will come into existence from Friday, a gazette n...

Facebook suspends fake Russian accounts, warns of US election hack-and-leak threat

Facebook Inc on Thursday said it had dismantled three networks of fake accounts which could be used by Russias intelligence services to leak hacked documents as part of efforts to disrupt the upcoming U.S. election. The company said the acc...

U.S. to provide additional $720 million for Syria crisis response

The United States said on Thursday it would provide more than 720 million in humanitarian assistance for the response to the crisis in Syria. Deputy Secretary of State Stephen Biegun made the announcement at an event on the sidelines of the...

Give Feedback