'The Notebook' now set to become Broadway musical
Nicholas Sparks' romantic novel-turned-hit film "The Notebook" is now set to become a Broadway musical. Producers Kevin McCollum and Kurt Deutsch in association with Sparks are coming up with the musical production, reported variety.com. Published in 1996, the book was turned into a 2004 film starring Ryan Gosling, Rachel McAdams, James Garner and Gena Rowlands.
The story opened with Garner's character reading from his notebook to Rowlands' character, who is suffering from Alzheimer's disease, about the 1940 romance between a poor quarry worker and a 17-year-old heiress, played by Gosling and McAdams. Bekah Brunstetter and Ingrid Michaelson are developing the musical adaptation. Sparks said in a statement: "I am thrilled to work with Bekah and Ingrid in order to make 'The Notebook' a reality on Broadway. They are amazingly talented, and obviously, the story is near and dear to my heart."
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Mithali Raj becomes first female cricketer to play 200 ODIs
- India has become 2nd largest hub of startups: FM. PTI JTR
- India to become USD 5-tn economy in 5 yrs, USD 10 tn in 8 yrs thereafter: FM
- Vani becomes 1st Indian to grab Australian LPGA card
- 'Half human, half robot' becomes the way to go for Boeing to achieve targets