Took risk by entering digital entertainment format: Esha Deol Takhtani
Asked what made Esha work with a new director, the "Dhoom" actress told IANS here: "Firstly, I knew him before because he is a journalist. When he narrated the story to me, though he wasn't ready for film direction, I was impressed by his conviction towards the character that he had written. "I took a risk of entering the digital entertainment format so, I wanted someone who is equally interested to prove his best. I saw that thrive in Ram. So, I thought it would be best to collaborate with him," added the daughter of veteran actress Hema Malini.
The story of the film revolves around a Bengali woman, Shilpa, who is passionate about baking and confectionary. However, she goes through a tussle between domestic bliss and pursing her passion. Esha will be seen playing a Bengali character for the first time.
"I have been to Kolkata many times and I have interacted with Bengali people also. Since the film is about a Bengali character, I attempted to bring in some nuances in Shilpa Sen. Going by my observation, Bengali women are sweet by nature... There is no pretension. They have a certain cuteness," she said. "Cakewalk" will have its world TV premiere on Rishtey Cineplex channel on February 17.
- JNU sedition case: Ask authorities concerned to expedite sanction to prosecute, court tells Delhi police
- JNU sedition case: Delhi court says authorities can't sit on file for indefinite period
- Authorities can't sit on file for indefinite period: Court on JNU sedition case
- REFILE-Actress Jennifer Lawrence is engaged to art gallery director - media
- Billy Eichner to team up with producer Apatow, director Stoller for new romcom