International Development News
Development News Edition
Give Feedback

Rajasthan: 18-year-old dies after consuming poisonous substance


Devdiscourse News Desk Kota
Updated: 31-10-2018 17:51 IST
Rajasthan: 18-year-old dies after consuming poisonous substance

An 18-year-old girl died allegedly after she mistakenly consumed pesticide presuming it to be a cough syrup, police said Tuesday. (Twitter)

An 18-year-old girl died allegedly after she mistakenly consumed pesticide presuming it to be a cough syrup, police said Tuesday.

Kavita Meena, a resident of Ayani village in the district, was a BA second year student.

She had a cough and cold and mistakenly consumed pesticide from a vile presuming it to be a cough syrup, Station House Officer at Ayana police station Bhawani Shankar said.

She was taken to a hospital where she died, he said.

He said the body was handed over to her family members after post-mortem. Police have initiated an investigation into the matter, he said.

(With inputs from agencies.)

COUNTRY : India