26/11 Attack: West Bengal CM Banerjee pays tribute to martyrs
She also extended sympathies to those who lost their dear ones in the attacks carried out by 10 members of Lashkar-e-Taiba, a Pakistan-based terrorist organisation, in 2008. "On the 10th anniversary of the 26/11 attack, my a sincere tribute to those who lost their lives on that day. Salutes to the police and military personnel, and civilians, who put their lives on the line to save people. Heartfelt sympathies with the families who lost their dear ones," Banerjee said in a Twitter post on Monday.
Terrorists carried out a string of coordinated shooting and bombing attacks that began on November 26 and lasted until November 29, 2008, in which more than 159 people, including 9 attackers were killed and over a hundred wounded in the business capital of the country.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Mamata Banerjee stresses on need for interfaith harmony for peaceful coexistence
- Interim budget has no value as NDA government's term ends soon: TMC chief Mamata Banerjee.
- TMC opposes the Citizenship (Amendment) Bill. Centre should withdraw it: Mamata Banerjee.
- BJP lashes out at Mamata Banerjee, calls her government undemocratic, fascist
- Mamata Banerjee on dharna at Esplanade to "protect Constitution" after CBI makes failed bid to quiz Kolkata Police chief in chit fund scam.