Myanmar Prez calls for trust-building to promote peace process, development
Myanmar President U Win Myint on Friday called for trust-building to promote the peace process and ensuring well-balanced development of all states and regions. He made the call in his message on the occasion of the 71st Independence Day of Myanmar, Xinhua news agency reported. The President also called for a constitution that is suitable for the country in a bid to build a democratic federal union.
He urged the people to support the government's endeavours for the development of a market-oriented economic system and the private sector. Myanmar became a British colony in the 19th century and regained its independence on January 4, 1948.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Villages neglected for many, many years after Independence: PM Narendra Modi at an event in West Bengal.
- PM Modi to inaugurate development projects on his Jammu & Kashmir visit
- IIT Kharagpur to set up development hub to search MSME potential in medical sector
- Golf-Garcia disqualified from Saudi International for damaging greens
- Modi to inaugurate development projects in J-K on Sunday