Kidnapped engineering student found dead in Tamil Nadu
A 19-year old engineering college student, who was allegedly kidnapped for a ransom of Rs five lakh, was found dead near Thirubhuvanam near here Saturday, police said. Munthazir, a second year student of a private college, had told his mother that he was going to visit his sister, the police said.
A few hours later, the alleged kidnapper called the victim's mother and told her that her son had been abducted and demanded Rs five lakh to release him, the police added. Muthazir's mother lodged a complaint following which police tried to contact the boy, but found his phone switched off. This morning, the student was found dead with his throat slit near a channel in nearby Thirubhuvanam.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Woman Shiv Sena leader allegedly duped of over Rs 9 lakh in Thane
- 175 cartons of illegal liquor worth Rs 14 lakh seized in UP
- Lakhs of pilgrims throng Kumbh Nagari to take holy dip on Mauni Amavasya
- Sugar production surges 8 pct to 185 lakh tonnes till Jan: ISMA
- 1.38 lakh projects set up by women entrepreneurs under PMEGP scheme