3 police officials arrested for demanding, accepting bribe in Maharashtra
Three Yavatmal police Crime Branch officials were Saturday arrested for allegedly demanding and accepting a bribe from a man accused of manufacturing and selling spurious pesticides, a Maharashtra Anti-Corruption Bureau official said. The three, identified as Inspector Mukund Kashinath Kulkarni (48), Assistant Inspector Sandeep Prabhakarrao Chavan (36) and constable Sunil Vithalrao Botre (40), had allegedly demanded Rs 20 lakh as bribe from a Kalamb-based pesticide dealer, the ACB official said.
Following a complaint, a trap was laid Saturday afternoon at a local petrol pump by an ACB team led by Deputy Superintendent of Police Gajanan Padghan and the three were nabbed while accepting a bribe instalment of Rs 5 lakh, he said. Both Yavatmal SP M Rajkumar and ACB Amravati Unit SP Shreekant Dhivre confirmed the arrests.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Railway Minister announces Rs 5 lakh ex gratia to kin of those killed in Bihar rail accident, Rs 1 lakh each to grievously injured people.
- Cong promised to waive Rs 6 lakh cr of farmers' loan, but waived only Rs 52,000 cr: PM in Leh
- Over 12 lakh youth expected to exercise franchise for first time in 2019 LS polls
- Gold worth Rs 15.81 lakh seized from two passengers at Mangaluru airport
- Woman Shiv Sena leader allegedly duped of over Rs 9 lakh in Thane