Six killed, several injured in motorcycle bomb blast in Yemen
The blast took place around 7:45 pm local time when several people were gathering to have their dinner in public restaurant, the source said. It was not immediately clear if pro-government military soldiers or officials were the target in the motorcycle bombing.
Local residents said in a telephone interview that the small medical centre in Mocha was overwhelmed with the wounded, most of them in critical condition. No one immediately claimed responsibility for the motorcycle blast. Pro-government security forces launched an investigation into the incident.
The impoverished Arab country has been locked into a civil war since the Shiite Houthi rebels overran much of the country militarily and seized all northern provinces, including capital Sanaa, in 2014. Saudi Arabia leads an Arab military coalition that intervened in Yemen in 2015 to support the government of Yemeni President Abd-Rabbu Mansour Hadi after the Houthis forced him into exile.
- "Razor wire a public nuisance, it's lethal" say US border city residents
- Sebi relaxes norms for non-residents to transfer shares to relatives
- Kerala to bring back bodies of residents killed in Delhi hotel fire
- SEBI eases norms for non-residents to transfer shares to kin
- Golf-Couples, Stricker and Johnson to assist Woods at Presidents Cup