China urges US to stop "unreasonable suppression" of Chinese companies
China expressed serious concern on Tuesday after the United States announced criminal charges against Huawei Technologies Co Ltd and its chief financial officer, Meng Wanzhou, for allegedly conspiring to violate U.S. sanctions on Iran. China's Foreign Ministry urged the United States to stop "unreasonable suppression" of Chinese companies, including Huawei, and to lift an arrest warrant against Meng. Beijing would resolutely protect the lawful interests of Chinese companies, the ministry said in a statement.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Will quit politics the day PM Narendra Modi retires: Smriti Irani
- Home Ministry closely monitoring situation in Kolkata: Officials
- 7 Iranian pilgrims wounded in shooting attack in Iraq
- Trump plans to keep US troops in Iraq to monitor, maintain pressure on Iran
- Seven Iranian Shiite pilgrims wounded in attack in central Iraq