Govt confirms NZD 20 mln in Crown funding and health centre site in Westport
During a visit to Westport today with West Coast Tasman MP Damien O’Connor, David Clark said the latest concept design for the new facility had been accepted, allowing detailed design work to proceed.
During a visit to Westport today with West Coast Tasman MP Damien O'Connor, David Clark said the latest concept design for the new facility had been accepted, allowing detailed design work to proceed.
"The people of Buller have waited long enough for a modern, purpose-designed health facility.
"As a result, I can confirm that the Buller facility will be located on the current hospital site and that we'll be increasing the scope of the project to allow for the inclusion of the locally provided Adult Dental Service as well as two additional medical beds."
Damien O'Connor said today's announcement was great news for the Coast.
"Today we have reason to celebrate because a fit-for-purpose Buller health facility will be delivered as promised by the Coalition Government.
"Many people should be proud of their efforts to get a better deal for Buller residents after the previous Government's determination to penny pinch and entirely ignore the community's wishes.
"The new facility will be one that the community can be proud of and I'll be keen to see construction get underway as soon as possible," Damien O'Connor said.
"In recent weeks, we've announced major investments in hospitals from Northland to Auckland to Wellington, and today the West Coast. All New Zealanders deserve access to services which will lead to better health outcomes,'' said David Clark.
(With Inputs from New Zealand Government Press Release)
- World Government Summit: To achieve SDGs goals, curb climate change centerpiece of event
- PM inaugurates DD Arun Prabha Channel, upgraded Tezu airport, 110 MW Pare hydroelectric project, 50 health & wellness centres in Itanagar.
- Afghan Government slams Russia for allowing UN blacklisted Taliban to attend Moscow talks
- PM Modi inaugurates several projects in AP as key polls approach
- Assam to become oil and gas hub of country with projects worth Rs 14,000 crore completed in last four years: PM.