Health News Roundup: Congo approves clinical trials for Ebola treatments
Following is a summary of current health news briefs.
Congo approves clinical trials for Ebola treatments
Congolese authorities have authorized clinical trials for four experimental Ebola treatments, which will allow researchers to collect valuable data about their effectiveness, the health ministry said on Saturday. Health workers have already administered therapeutic treatments to more than 150 Ebola patients since August in an effort to contain the worst of Democratic Republic of Congo's 10 outbreaks of the hemorrhagic fever since 1976.
(With inputs from Reuters)
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Researchers identify molecule effective against tuberculosis
- Drones helping marine researchers keep track of whales' health
- Patralekhaa helps raise funds for cancer patients
- Rajasthan govt plans to give free cancer medicines to patients
- Hospital radiologists can help detect domestic violence, researchers say