Assam govt issues order declaring medical services under ESMA, 1980
The Assam government has issued an order declaring the medical services, including that of nursing, as Essential Service which prohibits strike in such institutions, an official statement said on Wednesday.
The order has been issued under the Essential Services Maintenance (Assam) Act, 1980. Notification to this effect brought on Tuesday prohibits any strike involved in running medical services, including that of nursing, the statement said.
It shall be valid for a period of six months from the date of issue of the notification, it added.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- UPDATE 1-'Empire' actor says assault report was '100 percent factual'
- UPDATE 2-Assault report '100 percent factual', 'Empire' actor Smollett says
- Trump hails 'great news' that Foxconn Wisconsin factory back on track
- East African nations, EU turn to individual trade pacts as joint deal talks struggle
- Regular exercise has positive impact on your eating habits: Study