At least 150 people, including women and children, have been hospitalized due to suspected food poisoning in Kamrup district, officials said. The incident occurred at Lenga village near North Guwahati in Kamrup district on Saturday night.
According to the village head, the villagers started feeling unwell after taking 'prasad' at a religious program. The 150 persons were admitted to a government hospital in Amangaon on Saturday night after they displayed symptoms of food poisoning such as stomach ache, diarrhea, and vomiting.
The condition of two persons was critical following which they were referred to the Gauhati Medical College and Hospital, the officials said. Officials said, those hospitalized were out of danger but have been kept under observation.
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)