RPT-Canada's Freeland says former envoy's comments untenable
Speaking to reporters in Ottawa, Freeland said McCallum had not accurately conveyed the government's thinking on the situation. Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau on Saturday said he had fired the country's ambassador to China, who prompted a political furor with his comments about the case. (Reporting by David Ljunggren Writing by Allison Martell)
- Canadian diplomats hit by "Havana syndrome" sue Ottawa: Report
- UPDATE 1-Germany does not want to exclude Huawei from 5G buildout - Handelsblatt
- UPDATE 2-France recalls Italy ambassador after worst verbal onslaught 'since the war'
- US ambassador to Kosovo says war criminals have no place in executive
- UPDATE 1-France recalls Italy ambassador after worst verbal onslaught 'since the war'