US announces sanctions on Venezuela state oil firm PDVSA
Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said the sanctions prevented Maduro from diverting more resources from the crisis-damaged country until control in Caracas could be transferred to an interim government or new democratically-elected government.
However, Mnuchin said PDVSA's US-based subsidiary Citgo will be able to continue operations, as long as its earnings are deposited into a blocked account in the United States. (AFP) RCJ
- Venezuela's affairs be resolved by its people within constitutional framework: China
- Political means, peaceful dialogue 'only way' to ensure Venezuela crisis end: China
- Maduro slams EU backed groups on Venezuela, calls to meet officials for talks
- China calls for peaceful dialogue on Venezuela crisis
- UN remains committed to providing humanitarian support in Venezuela: Top aid official