Two held in connection to Brazil dam tragedy that killed dozens
Two engineers, who worked on behalf of Brazilian miner Vale at its burst tailings dam, have been arrested, according to Sao Paulo state prosecutors. According to a source with knowledge of the arrest orders, the two engineers were responsible for signing off on the safety of the dam, which burst last week, killing at least 65 people, with another 279 still missing.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- FEATURE-Indonesia dam burst raises alarm over unchecked forest clearing
- UPDATE 1-Myanmar villagers flee fresh Rakhine State fighting, enter Bangladesh
- Death toll from Brazil mine dam collapse reaches 157, 182 missing
- PM Modi to unveil several development projects in three North East states
- Chidambaram appears before ED for questioning in INX Media case