Palestinian PM steps down amid reconciliation efforts; govt will fulfill duties
Palestinian Prime Minister Rami Al-Hamdallah said on Tuesday he tendered his resignation and that of his unity government to President Mahmoud Abbas, dealing a blow to faltering reconciliation efforts with Gaza's Islamist Hamas rulers. The government would continue to carry out its duties until a new one was formed, said an official statement issued after a weekly cabinet meeting.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Israel Police arrest Palestinian man from suspected of killing young woman
- Netanyahu vows to freeze Palestinian funds after Israeli teen killed
- Israel arrests Palestinian over killing of Israeli woman
- Iran supports Palestinian groups against Israel: Minister
- Palestinian FM alleges US exerting pressure on Arab nations to stop financial aide