Guaido hopes for peaceful transition from Nicolas Maduro regime
Venezuela's opposition movement can achieve a peaceful transition away from President Nicolas Maduro and eventually free elections, its leader Juan Guaido told CNN in an interview that aired on Tuesday. "We are sure we can achieve a peaceful transition - a transition and eventually free elections," Guaido said in the Spanish-language interview, which was translated into English. He also said he had spoken to U.S. President Donald Trump a number of times and, when asked about possible military options in Venezuela, said all options were on the table.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- One dead, three injured in Spanish train collision
- Spanish supermarket Dia planning to lay off employees as losses strike
- Emiliano Sala: Born in Argentina, made name in France but lost life over English Channel
- One dead, four injured in Spanish train collision
- UPDATE 1-Pro-independence Catalan parties say won't back Spanish budget