Japan's economy up at annualised rate of 1.4 pct in Q4
Japan's economy rose at an annualised rate of 1.4 per cent in October-December, government data showed on Thursday, as consumer spending and capital expenditure rebounded from natural disasters that disrupted corporate activity.
The preliminary reading for fourth-quarter gross domestic product matched the median estimate in a Reuters poll of economists. It followed a downwardly revised 2.6 percent annualised contraction in July-September. On a quarter-on-quarter basis, GDP rose 0.3 percent, slightly less than the median estimate for 0.4 percent quarter-on-quarter increase.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Journalists in war zones: Japan seizes passport of national to prevent Yemen trip
- 13 same sex couples to get married on Valentines day in Japan
- Japan orders culling of more pigs as swine fever spreads
- Japan set to explore Ryugu asteroid; probe likely to land on February 22
- Japanese delegation meets Telangana officials to discuss waste incineration plant