Russia's war on Ukraine latest: Ukraine forces under severe pressure in Bakhmut, UK military says
* In addition to Leopard 2 tanks, Rheinmetall wants to buy 96 Leopard 1 tanks from Swiss defence firm Ruag to send to Ukraine, the Swiss newspaper Tages-Anzeiger reported on Saturday. * Germany is making slow progress in enforcing sanctions against Russian oligarchs and institutions, according to government numbers seen by Reuters on Saturday.
Ukrainian forces defending Bakhmut face increasingly strong pressure from Russian forces, British military intelligence said on Saturday, with intense fighting taking place in and around the eastern city. FIGHTING
* The death toll from a Russian missile strike that hit an apartment block in the southern Ukrainian city of Zaporizhzhia rose to 11 on Saturday after a woman's body was found in the debris, the state emergency service said. * Two Ukrainian pilots are in Arizona to fly flight simulators and be evaluated by the U.S. military, two U.S. officials said on Saturday, as Washington remains mute on whether it will send fighter jets or sophisticated remotely piloted drones to Kyiv.
* Yevgeny Prigozhin, founder of Russia's Wagner mercenary force, published a video on Saturday showing what he said were coffins containing bodies of Ukrainian soldiers being repatriated to territory held by Kyiv. WEAPONS, SANCTIONS
* German defence contractor Rheinmetall is in negotiations about building a tank factory in Ukraine, the newspaper Rheinische Post reported on Saturday, citing an interview with CEO Armin Papperger. * In addition to Leopard 2 tanks, Rheinmetall wants to buy 96 Leopard 1 tanks from Swiss defence firm Ruag to send to Ukraine, the Swiss newspaper Tages-Anzeiger reported on Saturday.
* Germany is making slow progress in enforcing sanctions against Russian oligarchs and institutions, according to government numbers seen by Reuters on Saturday. STORIES ABOUT THE FIRST ANNIVERSARY SINCE THE WAR BEGAN
* TIMELINE - Major developments since Russia's invasion * Ukraine's Zelenskiy has defied Putin against the odds
* Putin, secure in power, has set the stage for long war * A year on, Ukraine and its government have not just survived. They've fought back
* Toughened by war's scars, Kyiv presses on * Graphics of a year of war in the markets: How the dollar, energy and food prices swirled
* Russian economy holds up but the road back to prosperity may be long * Moscow's decades-old gas ties with Europe lie in ruins
* Top brands pull out of Russia, but goods easy to find * Can U.S. support for Ukraine last?
* External backers pour billions into Ukraine * How has China stood by 'no limits' partner Russia?
* Life and death in Mariupol - a survivor's tale of war * Family mourns Bucha victim who became symbol of war
PODCAST Learn more about the Ukraine war. Listen to a special episode of the Reuters World News Podcast.
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)