Pakistan Army says Indian Fire is always 'effectively responded'
Pakistan Army said on Monday that despite restricted liberty of action due to the presence of "our Kashmiri brethren" on both sides of the Line of Control (LoC), Indian fire is always "effectively responded".
Army spokesman Major General Asif Ghafoor made the comments while talking to a group of journalists from Pakistan-occupied Kashmir and Hazara Division of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa.
Ghafoor apprised them about the situation along the LoC and said that army operated in a restricted environment due to the presence of "our Kashmiri brethren" on the other side of the LoC, the Inter-Services Public Relations, the media wing of the military, said in a statement.
"Despite restricted liberty of action for response to Indian fire due to the presence of our Kashmiri brethren on both sides of LOC, Indian fire is always effectively responded focusing on Indian posts," he said.
He went on to say that Pakistan looks for peace yet any misadventure shall be responded befittingly.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- UN and Libyan Govt launch humanitarian response plan, appealing for $202 million
- SC seeks Prashant Bhushan's response on contempt petition filed by AG Venugopal, Centre
- HC seeks CBI's response on Virbhadra Singh's plea challenging trial court order to frame charges against him.
- LTTS receives record-breaking response for third edition of TECHgium
- SC seeks govt's response on petition seeking contempt proceedings over HSRP