Lok Sabha passes Surrogacy (Regulation) Bill, 2016
The Surrogacy (Regulation) Bill, 2016 that ensures effective regulation of surrogacy, prohibits commercial surrogacy and allows altruistic surrogacy to the needy Indian infertile couples was passed by the Lok Sabha on Wednesday with a voice vote.
The Bill permits surrogacy only for couples who cannot conceive.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Funding for the Mexico wall may lead to Trump declaring national emergency
- South African party EFF promises to nationalise mines in election manifesto
- Golf-Garcia disqualified from Saudi International for damaging greens
- Venezuela's Maduro proposes earlier elections for National Assembly
- Michelle Catherina takes sole lead in international women GM tourney