Army credits security staff for arrest of 'impersonator' in Ahmednagar
Alertness on part of the security staff at the Armoured Corps Centre and School at Ahmednagar in Maharashtra resulted in the apprehending of a man who was impersonating a soldier, the Army said Friday. The man was identified as Pradeep Sitaram Shinde, a resident of Diksal village in Ahmednagar district, a Defence spokesperson said. He was held Thursday, the official added.
"At the time of incident, the security staff saw Shinde dressed in combat dress moving suspiciously near the Centre and School. On being challenged, he produced a soldier's identity card, which was found to be forged," the official said in a statement here.
On further inquiry, Shinde claimed he was helped by two other accomplices for recruitment in the Army. The other two individuals have also been apprehended by the police and investigations are in progress, the official said.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Soccer-Next week critical for Man. City title hopes - Silva
- Was just starving to look thin for ceremony: AR Rahman on his Oscar win
- 61-year-old man arrested for allegedly molesting, stalking woman in Thane
- UPDATE 3-Fire kills eight in Paris apartment block, woman detained
- Delhi HC seeks ED's response on middleman's plea challenging deportation