INSO Haryana chief injured after attack in MDU
The Haryana unit president of Indian National Student Organisation (INSO) was injured Friday after allegedly being attacked by unidentified people in the Maharshi Dayanand University in Rohtak, police said. INSO owes allegiance to the recently floated Jannayak Janata Party (JJP). Pradeep Deswal was attacked inside the campus near the Law Department by some unidentified people armed with lathis, PGIMS Rohtak police station Inspector Garima said.
He was walking after parking his SUV which was also damaged. They fled the spot after the attack, the police official said. Deswal was admitted to PGIMS hospital and the police were investigating the matter, she said. "An FIR will be registered after Deswal is fit to give his statement," said the police officer. She said rivalry could be the reason behind the attack.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Police officer acted lawfully while shooting black man at Alabama mall: AG
- 7,324 TN police officers face action over failure to file reports on FIRs
- Mohit Raina roped in to play police officer's role in 'Bhaukaal'
- 6-year-old with cancer sworn in as honorary police officer
- Bengal police officer who worked under former IPS Bharati Ghosh arrested