Turkey orders arrest of 1,112 people over suspected Gulen links: Report
Turkey ordered the arrest of 1,112 people over suspected links to the network of U.S.-based Muslim cleric Fethullah Gulen, who is accused of orchestrating an attempted coup in 2016, broadcaster CNN Turk reported on Tuesday. It said the operation focused on the capital Ankara but was spread across 76 provinces. No further details were immediately available.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- UPDATE 1-Four Libyan soldiers die in first clash of force's southward push
- Brazil's lower house reelects pro-reforms Maia as head
- Indian embassy opens hotline for students detained by US authorities
- Democrat Cory Booker announces White House run
- Interim budget will support consumer spending, economic growth: USIBC