Police rescues 45 people stranded in Himachal after snowfall
Forty-five people stuck in two Reckong Peo-bound buses due to heavy snow have been rescued by police near Tarapur, an official said Friday. After receiving information about the stranded passengers around 11 pm Saturday, a team of officials from Dhalli police station, under the supervision of DSP City, reached the spot to rescue them, Shimla Deputy Superintendent of Police Pramod Shukla said.
The rescue operation continued till 3.30 am Friday, he said, adding all the stuck passengers were taken to safer places in seven government vehicles and their stay was arranged at different hotels in Dhalli and Sanjauli.
The buses were on their way to tribal district Kinnaur's Reckong Peo via Basantpur from Shimla. One bus was private and another was of the Himachal Road Transport Corporation (HRTC), the DSP said. Himachal Pradesh witnessed widespread snowfall on Thursday and Friday morning blocking several arterial roads and disrupting power supply in many parts of the hill state.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Report: Rockets acquire Shumpert in 3-team trade
- Team travelling to India is not the World Cup squad, says Aussie head coach Justin Langer
- Rugby-Wales team to play Italy in Six Nations
- SC refers to its earlier orders asking CBI not to remove A K Sharma from the team probing Bihar shelter home cases.
- VCA announces Rs 3 crore prize money for victorious Ranji team